Chryzmospace

2.20.2007

Enter at your Own RISK

I will take this oppertunity to welcome my dad to cyberspace bloggs. Hopefully you don't find out anything you shouldn't have ;) haha.

I don't really have a lot to report on. Check out Tavis's rad blogg to find out what we did on Sunday. Its hard to compete with his pictures so I don't mind just directing you there.

Okay so very disturbing story. Apparently there is a new trend amound white middle class teenagers. So lets go smoke some pot, drink alot of beer and then start beating up homeless people. Yes this is not isolated, teenagers do this. Like I feel maybe some people are a little bored? Actually the story they described makes me all queasy. Three boys about 15years old were under some influences and decided lets just start hitting, kicking, throwing rocks and bricks, and doing other things to this homeless man that are just vile. Finally they end up killing him and leave him to be found by whomever.

Its so cold and heartless. The three youth went to court and have spent now three years in prison. The one teenager said while he felt numb during the whole thing it reminded him of playing video games.

I don't know. Can we really be 15 years old and correlate games with acting out actual violence and death? I think about the life of that homeless man living in a campground. That was the end of his life. Beaten to death and there was no one there to help or protect him.

Its time for me to stop reading CNN news for awhile. That was a tough story.

2 Comments:

Blogger tman said...

A girl with a compassionate heart...

4:44 PM  
Blogger Mel T said...

Oh dear ... that is so horrifying. I know kids can be really cruel sometimes, but I also wonder when reality comes back into it for them. I'm not convinced 15 year olds don't know better, and I wonder what else was going on with them that led them to this point.

After walking by some of the same homeless people in the metro every day, I also have to wonder if I'd notice if something had gone that badly for them such that they were injured and needed help. It's tough.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • amber & stephen f
  • chad & sharon l
  • erin t
  • hillary n
  • jan
  • janice v
  • jess t
  • josh l
  • mark w
  • melanee
  • nancy s
  • nicole a
  • richelle t
  • scott t
  • shareen p
  • susan e
  • tavis n