Chryzmospace

1.10.2007

okay Borat?

I didn't get it. Maybe i am not a funny person, I just don't know but apart from a couple scenes that movie was messed up. But a great movie I just watched (I don't do anything else apparently) is little Miss Sunshine. It came highly recommended from some reliable sources and Tavis and I gave it a chance. I loved the whole family from crack-grandpa to suicidal brother to mute son. Very cute, funny, yet emotionally touching.
Well tomorrow i am back at school. It will be the first evening of this class so I really can hardly wait to see what sort of interesting questions will arise. Actually I signed up for the marathon club and it seems that school may interfere with attending some of the information sessions and runs. However I am doing the half marathon so I think the training won't be too much that i can't do it on my own time.
p.s. I made zero new year's resolutions so they are going quite well. How are everybody else's?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessi said...

Yay for little miss sunshine!!!
I would totally consider buying that one.

I think you and Tavis should have a double date games night with Mark and I. (maybe with a little hot tub action after??)

I don't know that the words 'hot', 'tub' and 'action' should all be put together like that..

Well, lets go with it for now..

Carry on bloggers.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

I loved Little Miss Sunshine. I think you knew that though. Such a beautiful way of showing how a family can connect, even if it is through travelling around in a broken van. And it is funny too!
Hope your week is going well.
Love you.
Hillary

2:36 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

i'm joining the bandwagon - 3 cheers for little miss sunshine!!! (and also 3 exclamation marks apparently)
no new years resolutions for me, but i am trying out the idea of "New Year's Words" - pick a word or 3 that you want to focus on during this year - less pressure, but gives you some direction. i.e. risk, love, openness, etc.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

nice idea Joanna. I like the word idea and I love the exclamation marks!!!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Yay for Little Miss Sunshine. I loved it too. I watched Borat with a friend who raved about him and thought it was the stupidest movie i'd seen all year.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Good movie choice! I take it Jessica made the good recomendation.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Mel T said...

Little Miss Sunshine was totally wicked! I saw it a francophone and another Alberta girl who didn't enjoy it, which somehow made it even funnier.

My resolution was to run a 10 k race in 45 minutes. By the past tense I just used, you can deduce how on-track that is ... :S

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • amber & stephen f
  • chad & sharon l
  • erin t
  • hillary n
  • jan
  • janice v
  • jess t
  • josh l
  • mark w
  • melanee
  • nancy s
  • nicole a
  • richelle t
  • scott t
  • shareen p
  • susan e
  • tavis n