Chryzmospace

1.23.2006

Yikes

Starbucks

We all need a venit latte at sometimes in our life. Go check out the cinnamon dulce. Your life will never be the same again.
So I haven't gotten my latte yet but really i should. Nursing has got to be the craziest idea I have ever had. For instance I have now worked on pediatrics, labour & delivery, maternity, and now I am on surgery. This means in about 5 months I have oriented to 4 floors and have learned some fundamentals of being a student nurse. Here is what I have learned
1. Do not trip on IV lines (this results in a lot of yelling and groaning as it pulls out of the arm)
2. Do not quit - everyday is different and you can always learn... did i mention avoinding the IV lines?
3. Some nurses are not nice (just think their life sucks more than yours)
4. Label all containers (this prevents confusion I will leave up to your imagination)
5. Keep your mind focused on the good times and laugh alot!

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hey - speaking of good times: are you in for some Ezzies dancing on Saturday night (or maybe Friday)? It'll help you forget about the disastrous IV lines.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

sounds like i need to forget... oh wait thats what i did last weekend. yeah for sure count me in. :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger ash said...

chryslyn need a place to live in calgary?? Or know of anybody else who does?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Even if you did forget last weekend - it didn't actually happen. Jess and Jason were too tired to go out again...
But, hey, I was ready so I'm lookin forward to this weekend. I'll call you to let you know for sure whats going on.

See you tonight at the game!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

Hey,
all I know is that soon you will be the only person that I will trust will all medical questions and emergencies. You will be the best nurse! Love you!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

HAHAHA Chryslyn
"sounds like i need to forget... oh wait thats what i did last weekend" You are FUNNY!
But it was maybe a bit true huh? Oh well, good times had by all.

The real reason I am here:

I NEED A VENTI FULL FAT CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE AND I NEED IT soon

(I made the "soon" smaller because I actually wanted to accent it, but since I was already full caps I thought small might have some kind of effect, but I think maybe I was wrong...)

8:26 PM  
Blogger abbott said...

maybe you should try BOLD the next time you want to accent something jess.

Chryslyn, do you have catchphrase at your house? Can we play in during my birthday evening of fun? Also, can I store my cake in your fridge sometime before the dinner? Here's an idea, maybe we should carpool - just throwing it out there. Let me know what you think.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • amber & stephen f
  • chad & sharon l
  • erin t
  • hillary n
  • jan
  • janice v
  • jess t
  • josh l
  • mark w
  • melanee
  • nancy s
  • nicole a
  • richelle t
  • scott t
  • shareen p
  • susan e
  • tavis n