Chryzmospace

2.19.2006

On the Fly

Well folks I made. Where some of you are wondering and the answer is Bloomington Indiana. It started friday at 5pm. Sheldon and I picked up some dinner and starbucks in lethbridge and hit the road for Calgary. A quick bathroom/mini egg break in Nanton and we arrived in good time. Checked in at the Sandman, updated ourselves on the Olympics and went to see Pink Panther at Chinook. I think I was tired but the movie was hillarious. In fact Steve Martin at his best, I am still chuckling...
Then early Saturday morning we boarded the van to the airport. First thing I nail my head on the van roof. This seems the way I begin every holiday for at Christmas I think I gave myself a concussion by doing a back flip on my couch and landed on the hand rest incredibly hard. In any case it helps me get a lot of rest. In Calgary the lines were impossibly long and slow. Didn't matter however and we made out flight to Edmonton. Met a nice man moving to Calgary from Grand Prairie and educated him on windmills and Waterton :)
Then in Edomonton the plane was delayed and we were stuck in this room with one tv for like 5 gates so it was kinda boring. This flight to Chicago finally landed and we landed 15 minutes before the plane left to Indianapolis. So we ran and ran down corridors, up stairs, down stairs. Now I like running but perhaps I need to increase my training with a 10lb backpack because I almost died and had a asthma attack! But we made it to the wrong gate and then got directions to the right gate. In the end our plane was delayed an hour and we got Mc Donald's and I tried to cheer up! At this point a man having the calmest heart attack ever entered and asked the lady at the counter for help. So she called the paramedics and yelled for nurses or doctors in the area for help. As a nursing student I kinda watched the situation and considered my knowledge of what I was capable of doing. I came up with the only skill at this point was taking his pulse and that didn't really seem necessary. In the end a doctor showed up and the paramedics came too. Drama, I don't want no drama.
So anyway we made it to Indianapolis with a new plane buddy from switzerland. I was still upset about our loss to Switzerland in hockey but we looked past our differences.
Its so good to be in bloomington! Happy REading break and Family Day!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jessi said...

what a beautiful, incredibly detailed, 3 paragraph post.

love you doll, have the best time ever!!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

;)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You made what?
Just kidding - sometimes typos really jump out at me and you started this post off with one so it made me laugh. However, after reading your story I can totally understand that proper typing was not a priority.
I'm glad you guys made it safely and I hope you have an awesome time - no no drama.
Don't get a concussion (no matter how hard I laughed at the idea of you doing a flip on the couch and hitting your head on, like, the 3 square inches on a couch that are hard).

Ahhh, have a good one!!!!!!!!!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger abbott said...

chryslyn, I miss you! Sorry we didn't hang out while you were in Calgary. Maybe next time. Enjoy Bloomington and have lots of stories ready for me when you get back. Somehow, you always do :-)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

Nicole sorry I missed you!! Hope you have a great week and we'll play soon girl.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

TRISTAN DAY TRISTAN DAY TRISTAN DAY

Are you SO excited?? I'm excited for you!!!
Have the best time ever, if her b/f Jason Mraz shows up, steal him and bring him home for me!

Call me from the concert!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

hey babes the concert was great. unfortunatley no Mraz but some great Ben taylor band. Before the show stephen and I were at the bar and I looked beside me and thought whoa this guy is tall. Turned out to be Ben taylor. I really should start paying more attention!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

It sounds like you had so much fun!!! I'm glad you'll be back for our Saturday night take-over of "The Slice". I think you'll like it.

And as you can see, Jess made it through reading week without you - though it was touch-and-go for awhile (just kiddin jess!)

:)

9:36 AM  
Blogger abbott said...

chryslyn, it's a new month - time to post!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

post post post post post post

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • amber & stephen f
  • chad & sharon l
  • erin t
  • hillary n
  • jan
  • janice v
  • jess t
  • josh l
  • mark w
  • melanee
  • nancy s
  • nicole a
  • richelle t
  • scott t
  • shareen p
  • susan e
  • tavis n