Chryzmospace

3.13.2006

up & up

So its the most beautiful day today. Clear and the sun is shining nice and bright. Not only is the sun shining it rose nice and early and won't set at 4:30. I think I love these longer days.
Monday has hit again and the week is off and running. I handed in my first of two papers for the semester. I actually enjoyed every minute I spent on this paper. It was about patient safety. Nurses and most health care providers accidently cause medical errors throughout their lifetime. Actually it is estimated that about 98,000 people in the US die each year directly from a medical error which may be wrong medications or dosages amoung other things. A resolution seems somewhat impossible for we are all human and make mistakes however it is important to be able to admit those mistakes and anonomously report them. This way the nurse needs to take responsibity but is able to report factors surrounding the error and can be reviewed and system can be revised to prevent mistakes from happening in the future. That was my view anyway so it was interesting.
I am working still at east man feeds and think hutterites are just great customers. Often funny and relaxed. As long as I know hog prices and long range forcasts I am in!!
WEll have a great week and I will update you on my new clinical placement later on!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

I love it when you blog...you are really "real." It sounds like a really good paper and I am glad to report it is finally sunny here today after the intense weather! Talk to you soon!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yay for Chryslyn! Finishing the paper! Its a good feeling to finish something like that and it sounds interesting too!

5:05 PM  
Blogger C. Blenkin said...

Chryslyn I would have to agree with I deffiently enjoy the hutteriates that come to the seed plant. They never seem to get worked up about anything, its great.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

hmmmm. sorry josh for the negative experience you had. had to admit though i laughed out load and got some weird looks at work

1:21 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hutterites get worked up? what? You mean when they come into the office and ask for "JOSS!" and not talk to me, that's not getting worked up? Oh yeah, its only getting worked up when I make them repeat to me who they want to talk to and why because I want to make them talk to me, a woman. And I want to hear that they actually know my dad's first name before they're allowed into the shop. Cause, really, they should know this!

Silly hutterites!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Shout out to Mike from Hutterville COlony!

He talks to me. And NICELY! Can you imagine??!!??

7:57 PM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

hehehe Erin. Thats right you tell them! YOu're right sometimes they need to recognize us ladies and a little more. Its not just the farmer man's world

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • amber & stephen f
  • chad & sharon l
  • erin t
  • hillary n
  • jan
  • janice v
  • jess t
  • josh l
  • mark w
  • melanee
  • nancy s
  • nicole a
  • richelle t
  • scott t
  • shareen p
  • susan e
  • tavis n