Chryzmospace

4.30.2006

A wee reflection

Its a beautiful rainy day in Lethbridge Alberta. Its a good day to be wearing pjs and a hoodie, reading a book and waiting for your roomate to come home and watch a movie. Absolutley wonderful. I think the rainy days are meant to be enjoyed like the sunny days. As long as they don't get you too down.
There is a quote that I have been trying to apply to my life. "Take the power to love what you want and love it honestly." Isn't that just amazing? Sometimes I think I love something but I don't take time to consider it because I may realize it is not as lovely as I was hoping. This really can apply to different things. However this year I applied this to nursing. It was hard and often I wanted to just give up. Yet I know this is what I want and I want to know myself and help other people. I love nursing and the life God has given me. Sometimes its really hard and sometimes I want to give up. When I honestly look at it though I can't help but see beauty, creativity, and absolute wonder! Its unbelievable. Take time to consider what Is absolutley beautiful about yourself or something you love.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

I think I often have the same problem with taking time to love the "now" or the moment I am in. I set so many goals and am constantly looking ahead and sometimes I forget to just stop.

I love that you love nursing. I love that you know that kind of stuff.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Chrys, you inspire me. I am so proud of the way you finished your semester. You stuck through the horrible rotations and still have a good attitude. I love you chicka!

8:43 AM  
Blogger abbott said...

can I book a date with you and jess for this weekend? some time when you 2 aren't busy with boys?

7:47 PM  
Blogger ~Nanc. said...

Good on ya mate for applying this to nursing... I'm sure it was not easy! It kind of reminds me of a good chat we had way back in the day about joy not being based on circumstances!

So I have been frequenting Gillian Hoyer's blog which then lead me to Shareen's blog... which then lead me to your blog... so it's kind of neat to find you!!

It was so, so great to get to hang out with you the other day. I'm very grateful for your friendship!
And I also went out and bought Shawn Macdonald. so great!! I just checked out your suggested Tristan Prettyman...also not bad!!

Have a great day mate!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Chryslyn said...

Hey Nicole. Yeah you are back in town again... do you really live in Calgary? Give me a shout when you're in town. Jess is going to Calgary this weekend... it might be you and me but we'll see. HAve a great day

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

  • amber & stephen f
  • chad & sharon l
  • erin t
  • hillary n
  • jan
  • janice v
  • jess t
  • josh l
  • mark w
  • melanee
  • nancy s
  • nicole a
  • richelle t
  • scott t
  • shareen p
  • susan e
  • tavis n